VINNIE PAUL To Guest On KNAC.COM This Monday –
Former PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott will call in to speak to KNAC.COM's Junkman on Monday, April 3 at 4:00 p.m. (Pacific Time). Vinnie will talk about his current projects, including his own record label, and REBEL MEETS REBEL — the project featuring three of the founding members of PANTERA (Vinnie Paul, "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott and bassist Rex Brown) together with legendary country singer/outlaw David Allan Coe.
As previously reported, the official release party for the debut album from REBEL MEETS REBEL and the "DimeVision – Vol 1: That's The Fun I Have" DVD tribute to Dimebag will be held on May 2 at the Clubhouse in Dallas, Texas. "We will have one hell of a night celebrating these historic releases," said Vinnie, who is putting out both the CD and DVD on May 2 through his own Big Vin Records label. "Of course I will be there, David Allan Coe and Miss Kim will be there and no telling who else… Hillbilly Orchestra, Dr.Rock and all the lovely Clubhouse dancers will provide the evenings entertainment as well as a healthy dose of PANTERA, DAMAGEPLAN and David Allan Coe music and 'Dimevision' will be on the big screens all night!!!!"
Described as a unique crossover of country, metal and rock, REBEL MEETS REBEL's self-titled CD (cover) was recorded and mixed over a four-year period (1999-2003) at Chasin Jason studios in Dalworthington Gardens, Texas
"DimeVision – Vol 1: That's The Fun I Have" (cover) will feature both performance footage and offstage antics from the legendary guitarist. Vinnie Paul recently told Launch that the disc captures the essence of Abbott's personality. "I think it's a really amazing tribute to my brother and it'll put a smile on your face," he said. "It'll make you laugh and there's stuff on there that people have never seen, and there's stuff on there I'd never seen, that just — I couldn't believe it. I was just like, 'Man, nobody could cut up like Dime.'"
Abbott was killed onstage in December of 2004 by a deranged fan during a DAMAGEPLAN concert in Columbus, Ohio.
No comments yet.
- ALICE IN CHAINS: U.S. Club Tour Kick-Off Date Announced – Apr. 7, 2006
- GODSMACK To Keep Tour On Ice Until September
- DANKO JONES, FLESHGORE Confirmed For Germany’s WACKEN OPEN AIR Festival –
- press releases from DETRITUS
- GODSMACK To Perform On ‘Jay Leno’, ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’
- SAMMY HAGAR: ‘Sam I Am’ Video Available Online
- MOTÖRHEAD’s ‘Ace Of Spades’ Gets Country-And-Western Treatment: Video Available
- Vocalist JIZZY PEARL Announces RATT Spring Tour Dates
- PEARL JAM: More U.S. Tour Dates Announced
- Remembering ALICE IN CHAINS’ LAYNE STALEY
- ALICE IN CHAINS Tap COMES WITH THE FALL’s DUVALL For European Tour
- AEROSMITH Frontman On The Mend After Undergoing Laser Surgery