ROSE TATTOO Guitarist PETE WELLS Loses Battle With Cancer
ROSE TATTOO guitarist Pete Wells passed away today after a long battle with prostate cancer. The 58-year-old guitarist, who was diagnosed with cancer in 2002, had been undergoing treatment, which had caused him to stand aside from touring with ROSE TATTOO.
A posting on the ROSE TATTOO official web site reads: "We have to announce with much sadness that Pete Wells passed away today. Our thoughts are with his family and friends. The good news is that Pete's music will live on for the inspiration of generations to come. R.I.P., Pete Wells, a great musician, a rock 'n' roll legend, and most importantly a great friend."
In an August 2005 interview with Australia's "60 Minutes", Wells said that a visit to his doctor three years earlier revealed he had prostate cancer that was so widespread, not even surgery could help.
"That's the point about the bloody thing is that if I got it early — a year or six months earlier or something — it would have saved an awful lot of inconvenience, I can tell you — pain and misery and the rest of it, you know," he said. "So the trick is to get it early. I mean, they can fix this damned thing."
No comments yet.
- ALICE IN CHAINS: U.S. Club Tour Kick-Off Date Announced – Apr. 7, 2006
- GODSMACK To Keep Tour On Ice Until September
- DANKO JONES, FLESHGORE Confirmed For Germany’s WACKEN OPEN AIR Festival –
- press releases from DETRITUS
- GODSMACK To Perform On ‘Jay Leno’, ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’
- SAMMY HAGAR: ‘Sam I Am’ Video Available Online
- MOTÖRHEAD’s ‘Ace Of Spades’ Gets Country-And-Western Treatment: Video Available
- Vocalist JIZZY PEARL Announces RATT Spring Tour Dates
- PEARL JAM: More U.S. Tour Dates Announced
- Remembering ALICE IN CHAINS’ LAYNE STALEY
- ALICE IN CHAINS Tap COMES WITH THE FALL’s DUVALL For European Tour
- AEROSMITH Frontman On The Mend After Undergoing Laser Surgery