ROB ZOMBIE: Video Of ‘Jay Leno’ Performance Posted Online
A video clip of ROB ZOMBIE‘s live performance of the track “American Witch” on NBC-TV‘s “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” — which was taped in the afternoon of March 15, 2006 for broadcast later that night — has been posted online at YouTube.com.
After a few people suggested that Zombie and his band must have been “lip-synching” during their performance (due to the broadcast’s better-than-usual live sound), Zombie responded, “All I can say is thanks! We were of course playing live (I think that’s pretty obvious) and I guess we sounded pretty tight. If anyone thought it was on tape, well, that’s great. I told you the band never sounded so good. The folks at ‘Leno’ are very cool and let us have plenty of time to get the sound just right as opposed to most TV situations where you are just throw out there with no chance of getting a good sound.”
“American Witch” comes off Zombie‘s new album, “Educated Horses”, which is scheduled for release on March 28 via Geffen Records. The follow-up to 2001’s “The Sinister Urge” was recorded at Los Angeles’ Chop Shop Studios with co-producer Scott Humphrey, who had previously worked with Rob on the platinum hits “Hellbilly Deluxe” and “The Sinister Urge”. Other musicians contributing to the CD include Josh Freese (A PERFECT CIRCLE, VANDALS) and Tommy Lee (MÖTLEY CRÜE).
Zombie has lined up the following in-store signing sessions around the album’s release date:
Tuesday, March 28 at 5:00 p.m.
New York City
Virgin Megastore Times Square
45th and Broadway
Thursday, March 30 at 4:00 p.m.
9173 Roosevelt Blvd
Rob recently directed the video for the album’s first single, “Foxy Foxy” in Los Angeles. Zombie re-teamed with “The Devil’s Rejects” cinematographer Phil Parmet. Parmet has also worked on LED ZEPPELIN‘s “The Song Remains the Same” and FRANK ZAPPA‘s “Baby Snakes”.
Zombie is currently headlining the “Educated Horses Tour”, which kicked off on March 17 in Jacksonville, Florida and will hit 27 cities before concluding five weeks later in Mesa, Arizona. Joining Rob on this tour are guitarist John 5 (ex-MARILYN MANSON), longtime bassist Rob “Blasko” Nicholson and drummer Tommy Clufetos (ex-ALICE COOPER, TED NUGENT). Support acts on the tour are LACUNA COIL and BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE.
No comments yet.
- ALICE IN CHAINS: U.S. Club Tour Kick-Off Date Announced – Apr. 7, 2006
- GODSMACK To Keep Tour On Ice Until September
- DANKO JONES, FLESHGORE Confirmed For Germany’s WACKEN OPEN AIR Festival –
- press releases from DETRITUS
- GODSMACK To Perform On ‘Jay Leno’, ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’
- SAMMY HAGAR: ‘Sam I Am’ Video Available Online
- MOTÖRHEAD’s ‘Ace Of Spades’ Gets Country-And-Western Treatment: Video Available
- Vocalist JIZZY PEARL Announces RATT Spring Tour Dates
- PEARL JAM: More U.S. Tour Dates Announced
- Remembering ALICE IN CHAINS’ LAYNE STALEY
- ALICE IN CHAINS Tap COMES WITH THE FALL’s DUVALL For European Tour
- AEROSMITH Frontman On The Mend After Undergoing Laser Surgery