AEROSMITH Frontman Under Doctor’s Orders To Rest Severely Strained Vocal Cords –
There’s a whole lotta Cryin’ amongst Aerosmith fans who are worried that frontman Steven Tyler’s throat is shot – or furious that the band has pulled the plug on six shows this month with little warning.
Sources say the Boston Bad Boy is under doctor’s orders to rest his severely strained vocal chords, which have taken quite a beating since the band’s “Rockin’ the Joint” tour kicked off last fall. And when you’re pushing 60, rockers don’t bounce back like the ol’ days!
Steven, who also was felled by the flu, has been kicking around the house on the South Shore for the past couple of weeks. He was spotted at Whole Foods in Hingham this week licking his famous lips at the bakery counter and was overheard complimenting a clerk on her eyes.
“He sounded like he had laryngitis and he had someone doing the ordering for him,” said our spy in the aisles. “They ordered a half dozen cannoli and some fruit tarts.”
The band, which has been on hiatus since the first week in March, scrapped their St. Patrick’s Day show in East Lansing, Mich., with two days notice. But fans from Pensacola, Fla., to Wilkes-Barre, Pa., weren’t so lucky – they got, at most, a day’s warning.
Members of the fan club Aeroforce One have spent two weeks warning members not to travel great distances for shows that were in jeopardy of being scrubbed. But the mob in Montreal is confident that the show scheduled for tonight at the Bell Center will go off. (Hmmm. See Whole Foods, above.)
While the band’s management refuses to report any information about Steven or the tour, they did tell us it’s “absolutely untrue” he’s suffering from throat cancer – another fan theory. Bird flu was another.
“You know Steven,” bassist Tom Hamilton told the Track. “Anything worth doing, to him, is worth overdoing.”
Hamilton said the band is touring more now than it did 10 years ago. Which does take a toll when one is 10 years older!
No comments yet.
- ALICE IN CHAINS: U.S. Club Tour Kick-Off Date Announced – Apr. 7, 2006
- GODSMACK To Keep Tour On Ice Until September
- DANKO JONES, FLESHGORE Confirmed For Germany’s WACKEN OPEN AIR Festival –
- press releases from DETRITUS
- GODSMACK To Perform On ‘Jay Leno’, ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’
- SAMMY HAGAR: ‘Sam I Am’ Video Available Online
- MOTÖRHEAD’s ‘Ace Of Spades’ Gets Country-And-Western Treatment: Video Available
- Vocalist JIZZY PEARL Announces RATT Spring Tour Dates
- PEARL JAM: More U.S. Tour Dates Announced
- Remembering ALICE IN CHAINS’ LAYNE STALEY
- ALICE IN CHAINS Tap COMES WITH THE FALL’s DUVALL For European Tour
- AEROSMITH Frontman On The Mend After Undergoing Laser Surgery