VINCE NEIL To Host 10-Year Anniversary Edition of Skylar Neil Memorial Golf Tournament
“In 1995, I lost my daughter Skylar to stomach cancer,” Vince writes in a press release. “Since that time I have endeavored to do everything I can to help raise awareness and much needed funding for children’s illnesses. My Skylar Neil Memorial Foundation has donated over a million dollars for the T.J. Martell Foundation, a wonderful organization dedicated to much needed cancer, leukemia and AIDS research.”
Read the entire press release at this location (PDF file).
In other news, VinceNeil.net and Swagrox.com will be auctioning a custom-made aluminum microphone stand and one identical to it — as a spare — which were delivered to MÖTLEY CRÜE in mid-February 2005 for the first domestic U.S. show of the “Red, White and Crüe” tour. It and its sister stand were used at every show that MÖTLEY CRÜE did, including Canada, Europe, Japan, Australia and Hawaii, with the exception of Live 8, up to February 25 in Kalamazoo, MI. Upon delivery, this shiny microphone stand was “antiqued” by Nikki Sixx with spray paint and sandpaper to give it its current dull look. The item was also signed in Kalamazoo by Vince and Nikki.
The auction will launch on Friday, March 3 and proceeds will be donated to The Skylar Neil Memorial Fund.
No comments yet.
- ALICE IN CHAINS: U.S. Club Tour Kick-Off Date Announced – Apr. 7, 2006
- GODSMACK To Keep Tour On Ice Until September
- DANKO JONES, FLESHGORE Confirmed For Germany’s WACKEN OPEN AIR Festival –
- press releases from DETRITUS
- GODSMACK To Perform On ‘Jay Leno’, ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’
- SAMMY HAGAR: ‘Sam I Am’ Video Available Online
- MOTÖRHEAD’s ‘Ace Of Spades’ Gets Country-And-Western Treatment: Video Available
- Vocalist JIZZY PEARL Announces RATT Spring Tour Dates
- PEARL JAM: More U.S. Tour Dates Announced
- Remembering ALICE IN CHAINS’ LAYNE STALEY
- ALICE IN CHAINS Tap COMES WITH THE FALL’s DUVALL For European Tour
- AEROSMITH Frontman On The Mend After Undergoing Laser Surgery