URIAH HEEP To ‘Defy Travel Warnings’ by Performing In Indonesia Next Month
According to The Jakarta Post, URIAH HEEP — the 1970s British progressive rock outfit known for their hit “Easy Livin'” — is expected to stage a two-date concert in Indonesia in early February. Local promoter Original Productions said in a press release that URIAH HEEP would stage their concerts in Jakarta on Feb. 12 and Surabaya on Feb. 14, defying travel warnings issued by a number of Western governments on possible terrorist attacks. In Jakarta, the band will perform at the Indoor Tennis Stadium at Bung Karno Sports Complex, Senayan, while in Surabaya, East Java, the Brits will play a smaller venue at the Shangri-La Hotel. Local band GOD BLESS, an outfit that thrived during prog-rock’s heyday, will open for the London-based band. The concert will be part of the band’s 2006 world tour. The 1990s prog-rock veteran DREAM THEATER was expected to stage a show in the Indonesian capital early in 2006, but canceled it on security concerns.
No comments yet.
- ALICE IN CHAINS: U.S. Club Tour Kick-Off Date Announced – Apr. 7, 2006
- GODSMACK To Keep Tour On Ice Until September
- DANKO JONES, FLESHGORE Confirmed For Germany’s WACKEN OPEN AIR Festival –
- press releases from DETRITUS
- GODSMACK To Perform On ‘Jay Leno’, ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’
- SAMMY HAGAR: ‘Sam I Am’ Video Available Online
- MOTÖRHEAD’s ‘Ace Of Spades’ Gets Country-And-Western Treatment: Video Available
- Vocalist JIZZY PEARL Announces RATT Spring Tour Dates
- PEARL JAM: More U.S. Tour Dates Announced
- Remembering ALICE IN CHAINS’ LAYNE STALEY
- ALICE IN CHAINS Tap COMES WITH THE FALL’s DUVALL For European Tour
- AEROSMITH Frontman On The Mend After Undergoing Laser Surgery