Former PANTERA Drummer Seeks ‘Talent’ For BIG VIN RECORDS
420 E. Lamar, No. 212
Arlington, Texas 76011
As previously reported, Big Vin Records has secured a distribution deal via Fontana. Thel label’s first release will be an album from REBEL MEETS REBEL, a unique crossover of country, metal and rock. It features three of the founding members of PANTERA (Vinnie Paul, Dimebag and bassist Rex Brown) together with legendary country singer/outlaw David Allan Coe. REBEL MEETS REBEL‘s CD was recorded over a four-year period and is set to contain a total of 12 tracks, including “Nothin’ To Lose”, “Rebel Meets Rebel”, “Cowboys”, “Panfillo”, “Heartworn Highway”, “One Night Stand”, “Arizona Rivers”, “A Man With Nothin’ Ain’t Got Nothin’ to Lose”, “New York City Streets” and “Get Outta My Life”. The title track, “Rebel Meets Rebel”, was previously said to be a duet with PANTERA singer Philip Anselmo, although it is not presently clear if Anselmo‘s contributions will make it to the final product. “Rebel Meets Rebel” is tentatively scheduled for release in March 2006.
The second project to be released via Big Vin will be a DVD, “Dimevision”, as a tribute to Dimebag, one of metal’s all-time guitar greats who is credited by some for creating the original concept which eventually became the MTV hit series “Jackass”. “Dimevision” features Dime‘s stellar guitar playing and offbeat brand of humor, and is sure to be a title every serious PANTERA fan will have to own.
PANTERA‘s career overview CD, “The Best of Pantera: Far Beyond the Great Southern Cowboys’ Vulgar Hits!”, has sold 476,000 in the United States since its September 2003 release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The 16-song “Vulgar Hits!” CD was packaged with a bonus DVD boasting 12 videos, including two live performances. The bulk of the material was culled from the band’s six major-label releases, but also included are non-album cuts “Cat Scratch Fever” (a cover of the TED NUGENT song that originally appeared on the Polygram soundtrack to “Detroit Rock City”) and the BLACK SABBATH cover “Hole in the Sky”, previously available only on import.
No comments yet.
- ALICE IN CHAINS: U.S. Club Tour Kick-Off Date Announced – Apr. 7, 2006
- GODSMACK To Keep Tour On Ice Until September
- DANKO JONES, FLESHGORE Confirmed For Germany’s WACKEN OPEN AIR Festival –
- press releases from DETRITUS
- GODSMACK To Perform On ‘Jay Leno’, ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’
- SAMMY HAGAR: ‘Sam I Am’ Video Available Online
- MOTÖRHEAD’s ‘Ace Of Spades’ Gets Country-And-Western Treatment: Video Available
- Vocalist JIZZY PEARL Announces RATT Spring Tour Dates
- PEARL JAM: More U.S. Tour Dates Announced
- Remembering ALICE IN CHAINS’ LAYNE STALEY
- ALICE IN CHAINS Tap COMES WITH THE FALL’s DUVALL For European Tour
- AEROSMITH Frontman On The Mend After Undergoing Laser Surgery